Most people prefer to go fishing on their kayaks as opposed to the large boats and there are so many advantages to that. All the same, the challenging part is when you need to paddle to get to a perfect spot where you can cast your baits. This will definitely be tiresome and your day in the water will be worse than you expected. As a solution to that issue, you will need to get the kayak trolling motor since it allows you to reach your desired fishing location without using too much energy. The advantage of this motor is that it allows you to move at a constant speed whenever the bait is in the water that attracts fish.
Kayak trolling motors will always vary based on different factors among them power. This, therefore, means that you need to do consider several factors before you can make the buying decision. In the later parts of this post, you will find a detailed explanation of these factors in brief. The main task lies in how to get the best motor from the many available options in the market. to help buyers make a conclusion real quick, we compiled a list of the 10 best kayak trolling motors they can get in the market today. Read on for this and more!
List of 10 Best Kayak Trolling Motors in 2023
#10. LEADALLWAY Electric Trolling Motor
This is an electric trolling motor that has a 55 lbs. thrust that makes it very easy to operate. You will also appreciate that it works very quietly and cool that allows you to fish throughout the day without spooking fish or overheating.
The boat engine features a powerful 3-blade propeller with 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds. You will also realize that it has an extendable ergonomic handle that gives you complete control. Given that the trolling motor uses stainless steel means that it will be able to resist corrosion. It is therefore ideal for saltwater.
- 7 speeds and an extendable handle
- Made in a stainless and waterproof design
- Backed with a 2-year warranty
- A battery-saving system
#9. Haswing Electric Trolling Motor for Freshwater & Saltwater Use
This product comes with 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds to give you control of the speed for an ultimate fishing experience. The 35.5: aluminum shaft makes it very simple to adjust the height. It, therefore, makes it ideal for small boats such as kayaks and fishing boats. What’s more, it is very light and therefore easy to carry.
Another feature you will appreciate about this product is that the motor can be easily tilted after the fishing conditions change. You will also appreciate that the trolling motor has been recommended for both freshwater and saltwater use.
- There are 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds
- The motor is ideal for both salty and freshwater
- An LED power reader to check the current battery power
- A three-blade propeller for better acceleration
#8. Watersnake Venom Electric Trolling Motor
This product weighs only 15 pounds which means that you can easily carry it to the fishing site. It offers a maximum thrust of 35 pounds that makes it ideal for kayaks being made with stainless steel and having some anti-corrosive paint, it means that the motor will be functional in saltwater.
Another feature you will like about this product is that it has 5 speeds that will bring you the convenience you need to fish. The manufacturer has also provided a warranty of one year to cover any manufacturing defects.
- The motor features an anti-corrosive paint
- 5 forward and 1 reverse speed
- Covered by a 1-year warranty
- 34 pounds thrust
#7. Minn Kota Saltwater Trolling Motor
This is a durable and saltwater-ready trolling motor that is hand controlled. It features an aluminum single-arm design that allows the motor to run quietly with less water for longer life. You will also like the fact that the tool resets itself in order to bring you some uninterrupted fishing.
Just like other trolling motors, this one also allows you to vary the speed so that you can have control over the fishing experience. Another great feature about this product is that it offers up to 5 times longer running time on just a single battery charge.
- The trolling motor has a variable speed design
- Durable and salt-water ready motor
- 80 pounds thrust
- Comes in different sizes
#6. Minn Kota 1358790 Trolling Motor w/ Bluetooth
If you depend on fishing for a living, you need to make sure that the trolling motor is ever ready. This product has trusted power and has a very simple operation. You will also appreciate that it is packed in a sleek mount made for daily use. The fact that it remains cool and runs quietly makes it last for a long time.
The motor features an indestructible shaft which means that it will never bend, kink, corrode and even break. You will also appreciate that the powerful props cut through anything with no battery-draining, hacking or chopping. Basically, this product is very easy to operate.
- A redesigned foot pedal
- Comes with an in-built maximizer
- Features a battery testing meter
- Several size options available
#5. Brocraft Fishing Trolling Motor
This product has been made using marine-grade nylon and alloy to bring you the best fishing experience. You will also appreciate that it has been made in a universal design that makes it suit mots kayaks that have dual rod holders. Another thing to appreciate about this product is that it has a fast and easy installation.
You do not have to worry if you are left-handed since this product can be easily adjusted to suit operations from any hand. This kayak trolling motor also prides itself on a good and solid build which guarantees that it will serve for the longest period of time.
- Quick and easy installation
- Marine-grade nylon and alloy
- Adjustable design for right and left operation
- Good and solid build
#4. Watersnake Salt Water Trolling Motor
Among the attributes you will like about this product is that it has a lightweight design now that it only weighs 6.7 lbs. with a thrust of 24 pounds, this kayak trolling motor becomes an ideal pick for the small kayaks and fishing boats. Another great feature that people like about this product is that it has very simple installation.
The motor comes with anti-corrosive paint and a stainless steel external part that makes it good for saltwater use. You will also enjoy the convenience of the speed according to your fishing needs. What’s more, the manufacturer has provided a warranty of one year on this product to cover any manufacturing defects.
- It has been made in a lightweight design
- Backed with a warranty of one year
- High and low speed options
- It has an anti-corrosive paint making it ideal for salty water
#3. Goplus Electric Trolling Motor with Adjustable Handle
You will appreciate the ease with which you control this trolling motor on freshwater. The reason for this is that the telescoping handle allows you to adjust it to 6 inches for a better fishing experience. It is also very easy to control the speed now that it has 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds.
This product also prides itself on a 2-blade propeller that guarantees smooth movement in the water. Another convenience that you enjoy from this product is that it comes with 10 points LED battery indicator. It, therefore, becomes very easy to observe the amount of electricity that is left.
- The handles can be adjusted up to 6 inches
- Features a battery indicator
- Made in a sturdy and durable design
- 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds
#2. Newport Vessels Saltwater Trolling Electric Motor
This is a quiet motor that has a 55 lbs. thrust allowing it to run throughout the day without overheating or spooking fish. You will also appreciate that it features stainless steel hardware that makes it ideal both for saltwater and freshwater use.
The trolling motor has a high-strength shaft that is completely adjustable to allow for better depth placement regardless of the water conditions. With this product, there are 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds that make it easy to control. It also comes with an LED battery indicator to let you know the electricity left.
- Comes with an LED battery meter
- 8 speeds and a 6” telescoping handle
- Backed with a warranty of 2 years
- The hardware is compatible with saltwater
#1. Minn Kota Trolling Motor
This trolling motor is ideal for freshwater use and the good thing is that it comes in multiple size options. You will also realize that it has a 6” telescoping handle which is made in an ergonomic design. What that means is that you will feel comfortable steering it and regulating the speed.
Another feature that you will appreciate about the product is that it has a quiet and cool operation which helps to maximize the battery power. What’s more, the quiet operating mode for this device makes sure that you never spook the fish.
- The telescoping handle adjusts up to 6 inches
- Cool and quiet power to maximize the battery power
- Comes with 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds
- Backed with a warranty of 2 years
Kayak Trolling Motor – Buying Guide
- Size and weight: The weight and size of your vessel are going to be of so much influence. They basically determine the power that the trolling motor will require to work flawlessly. First, you need to keep in mind the weight of the kayak and your own weight as well. This will determine the weight that can be added to the kayak. Every trolling motor has its thrust rating that is measured in lbs. kayaks tend to work perfectly with trolling motors whose weight ranges from 30 to 55 lbs.
- Saltwater vs. freshwater: You will see some trolling motors that have been marked for saltwater or freshwater use. You need to understand that saltwater will compromise some materials since it causes corrosion. For this reason, you need to check the label before buying it. When the motor is labeled for freshwater use only, it is only good to stick to the recommendations. It is, however, a good idea to choose motors that can be used on both freshwater and saltwater.
- Speed settings: When choosing a kayak trolling motor, it is good to have one that gives you control over the speed. This offers you the versatility you need to get to a certain site. When the bait is in the water, you will be able to regulate the speed to attract fish. An ideal trolling motor should have eight speeds where 5 are forward and 3 are reverse speeds.
Provided that you have the best kayak trolling motor, chances are that your fishing experience will be the best. The good thing about these products is that they are very easy to operate now that they require minimal maintenance. What you should focus on is how to get the best motor from the flooded market. With the guide above, we hope that you will be able to narrow down to the best motor according to your needs. All the trolling motors in this review are from reputable brands and we are sure that you will be able to make an informed decision.
Leave a Comment