Owning a car is everyone’s dream. However, owning a car is simple, but the task of keeping it maintained is very frustrating and costly. For those who don’t know how to fix their car, the cost of visiting mechanics is very high. Most of the problems involved with cars are simple, such as ignition timing. Well, this is where the services of a digital timing light are needed. With this device, you can diagnose your car and start working on it.
This way, you can avoid guesswork and avoid making unnecessary repairs. Instead of giving your money to mechanics every time your car has a problem, why don’t you invest in a digital timing light? Below, we will help you find the perfect model in the market to help you narrow down your options.
List of 10 Best Digital Timing Lights in 2023
#10. Bosch Digital Timing Light
The timing light is a good choice for a professional technician and do it yourself projects. It is an ideal choice for using on gasoline vehicles with computer-controlled ignition systems. Besides, it has a digital LED tachometer display that reads 0.9999RPM and the advance mode lights will help you track settings and multi-task.
The timing light has a bright Xenon flash that makes it easy for you to see the timing marks, even during the day. Our light has an ABS housing and all-metal inductive pickup that give you durability and more reliability.
- It works on 6V and 12V vehicles
- Has an RPM advance selector button
- Works well for computer-controlled ignition systems
- Features a digital LED tachometer display
- Has a bright Xenon flashlight
- Features an ABS housing and all-metal inducive pickup
#9. OTC 3363 Professional Timing Light
It has a bold-moulded case that helps you to keep the timing light conveniently without taking much of your space. The light has plated an ABS housing with over-moulded grips that offer you a comfortable hold and heat-resistant over-molding on clips. Furthermore, it has a bright Xenon flash with one-touch control and removable leads.
Our timing light features on/off touch control that allows you to have a simple operation. It has a large display that allows you to perform diagnostics tasks and have more precise tuning. In addition, it has a push-button control that allows you to switch between the cycle engines.
- It features an on/off touch control
- Equipped with a large LED display
- Has a bold-molded case for storage
- Features a durable ABS housing with molded grips
- Boosts a bright Xenon flash
- It has a push-button control
- Great choice for standard base timing
#8. AB-Tools-US Pro Timing Light
The pro timing light has ABS battery clips that work off the battery to provide you with superior and bright light. Our timing light has an ABS plated housing that provides maximum durability and it can withstand everyday use. It has a Xenon bulb with a unique flashlight design that gives enough illumination even during the day.
The light has a bright LED display that indicates 1/10 of degree advance and you can read it with ease even during the day. You will find protective rubber caps on the caps to protect the bulb and display. In addition, it works well on computer-controlled ignition systems, convectional, and distributor ignition systems.
- Great for both 2 and 4 cylinder engines
- Features a Xenon bulb with a flashlight design
- Has an advanced LED digital display
- It has an ABS plated housing
- Protective rubber caps on the sides offer protection
#7. Xenon Timing Light
Xenon timing light has a Xenon bulb that makes it simple for you to see the timing light, even in low light conditions. It has a unique design that makes it efficient and accurate at all speeds. Moreover, it gives you a simple way to set your engine time and check vacuum or mechanical advance.
It is a lightweight and compact timing light that you can handle with ease without feeling hand fatigue and it will not take much space for storage. The light has a reverse polarity with automotive reverse and an overload protective feature. Furthermore, the timing light has a pistol-grip design that conforms perfectly to your hand for a comfortable and stronghold.
- It has an overload protection function
- Equipped with a bright Xenon bulb
- Features a lightweight and compact design
- Has a pistol-grip design for a comfortable hold
- It is accurate at all speeds
#6. Sealey – Digital Timing Light
It is a Xenon timing light is designed to provide enough illumination and enable for simple operation. The timing light includes a mode for two-stroke and four-stroke engines. Furthermore, it comes with a 1.5m coiled 12V power lead and an inductive coupler.
With the included instructions, using the digital timing light will be simple. It has a comfortable handle design that makes it easy to operate the timing light. The timing light works perfectly for a wide range of vehicles and some of gardening equipments, such as a lawnmower.
- Has a mode for two-stroke and four-stroke engines
- Comes with 1.5m coiled 12V power lead
- Features simple to follow instructions
- Works perfectly for most vehicles and gardening equipments
#5. PMD Products Digital Timing Light
Our timing light includes an inductive pickup cable that acts as a backup in case you burn the exhaust. It has a large and bright LCD display that shows you the degrees and RPM, and you will find a 1-stroke or 4-stroke selectable switch. You can set the timing advance without a degree scale on the 2-stroke or 4-stroke engine.
It is equipped with 4ft detachable leads and a clamp-on metal inductive pickup. The timing light has an impact-resistant ABS housing that is designed to be scratch-resistant and will guarantee you maximum durability. In addition, it has a bright Xenon bulb that provides reliable illumination.
- Works with all 12-16V systems
- Comes with an included instruction manual
- Features an inductive pickup cable
- Has a bright LED display
- Equipped with 1-stroke or 4-stroke selectable switch
- It has 4ft detachable leads and a metal inductive pickup
- Features a bright Xenon bulb
#4. ESI 125 Digital Timing Light
The timing light has a cable set and measures up to 9000rpm. Furthermore, this timing light is built to give you precise tuning and diagnostic work.
The light has a super bright LCD display that indicates the RPM and degrees in advance. Our timing light is designed to measure ignition spark advance from 0 to a maximum of 90-degrees. This is a great choice for checking the timing on electric, conventional, and computer-controlled systems at any time.
- It has a super bright LCD display
- Measures ignition spark from 0-90 degrees
- Offers you precise turning and accurate readings
- Has a cable set
- Works well for 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines
#3. OBDMONTSTER Automotive Timing Light
This light has extended length cables, where they give a height up to 4.54 feet. Our device has ergonomically designed press keys that offer you simple pressing and easy operation. OBDMASTER timing light has an ABS construction that is impact-resistant so that it can withstand heavy impacts in all environments.
It is an ideal choice for motorcycles, cars, and 2-stroke and 4-stroke gasoline engines. In addition, our device operates on 6V and 12V ignition systems.
- Has extended length cables for simple operation
- Equipped with ergonomic press keys
- It has an impact-resistant ABS shell
- Operates on 6V and 12V ignition systems
- Has an accuracy of up to 10000rpm
#2. Actron Digital Timing Light
With Actron digital timing light, you can measure your car’s engine RPM and advance. You can set the initial timing, measure centrifugal advance, and measure the vacuum advance. It has a super bright Xenon flash and an all-metal inductive pickup. Our unit has a heavy-duty ABS housing that will guarantee you with years of use.
You will find that it has heat-resistant over molding on the battery clips to enhance maximum safety. It comes with a simple user manual in Spanish, English, and French to help you operate the light easily. The unit has a bright LED display that allows you to make accurate readings even in low light areas.
- Has a super bright Xenon flash
- It has heavy-duty and durable ABS housing
- Comes with a simple to understand user manual
- Has a bright and reliable bright display
- It is simple to handle and give precise results
#1. INNOVA 3568 Digital Timing Light
INNOVA timing light has an advanced and patented skip circuitry that can test up to 9990 RPM. It has an LCD display that displays advance and tachometer functions at the same time. The simple design of this timing light makes a great option for beginners or professional DIY tasks.
This unit has a rotating barrel that provides batter aim at timing mark and you are guaranteed of getting accurate results. It measures digital advance from 0 to 90 degrees and it works for electronic, convectional, and computer-controlled systems.
- It works with most ignition systems
- Has a patented skip circuitry that tests up to 9990 RPM
- Features a large LCD display for convenience
- Equipped with a rotating barrel for perfect aiming
- Measures digital advance from 0 to 90-degrees
Things to Consider when Choosing a Digital Timing Light
Not everyone is best at purchasing the best product. People lack enough knowledge that is needed for you to make a perfect purchase. Below, we have put down a list with the important considerations you should keep in mind before making your purchase.
- Brightness: This is the first consideration you should keep in mind. The timing light you purchase should have balanced brightness that will make reading simple for you without eye strain. If you cannot use it during broad daylight, avoid the light. A light that is too bright can be blinding in some occasions, mostly when you see the light’s reflection on other parts. Furthermore, there are models with strobe lights that flicker when it reaches the mark. Such lights bring you convenience because they alert you when your target is achieved.
- Ease of use: If it is your first time to use digital timing light, it is great to purchase a model that comes with an instruction manual that will ease your operation. With a clear guide, you can easily follow and install without using much time. For advanced engine timing, consider a model with an LED display that is highly visible the hood. Furthermore, always make sure the lights are clear and secure from the moving parts.
- Type: When it comes to digital timing lights, inducive and incline types are the two main types. The big difference between these two is their connection. For incline light, you must unplug the number 1 spark plug while the inductive timing light allows for clipping around the spark plug wire. When it comes to pricing, incline lights are affordable but when it comes to quality, inducive lights are a bit expensive. Incline timing can be great for DIYers.
For any mechanic, technician, or DIY enthusiasts, a digital timing light is a must-have. It ensures you have safety in your automotive garage or any jobsite. For your engine last longer and enhance the fuel efficiency, always make sure it performs at peak performance. For that to happen, you need to invest in a digital timing light. With all our information above, we hope choosing a digital timing light will be easy for you.
Leave a Comment